gcc issue in 5.3

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue May 3 19:18:36 PDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 10:09 PM, Christopher M.Hobbs wrote:
> I'm running a fresh install of 5.3-RELEASE.  Every time I attempt to
> install anything from the ports tree, gcc fails.  Nine times out of
> ten it states that there has been an internal error, and that I should
> submit a bug report.

Try building the port again; if it fails in a different place and
you're seeing signal 11's (SIGSEGV), it's almost certainly hardware
problems like poor cooling or bad memory, not a bug with GCC.

Try running memtest.org's checker overnight and see whether that shows
any problems.

Otherwise, please provide more information including *which* port, and
the exact error messages (give about 10 lines of context)...

--
-Chuck