php4-4.3.11 Port Question (mime_magic)

John Schneider john.schneider at daumcommercial.com
Tue May 3 16:30:37 PDT 2005

Newbie question, apologize in advance if I missed something obvious. I also
apologize if this is not the best forum for questions on specific ports.

I installed the port php4-4.3.11. The purpose of using this port to ugprade
my working php4 install, was to be able to the horde 3.0 framework
(www.horde.org). Everything looks fine, but a test.php file in my horde
setup reports that mime_magic is not installed.

Everything I read says that mime_magic is installed by default with recent
versions of php4. I'm not sure why the port version of php4 hasn't installed
it, or how to specify it as a make option (I'm not even sure if this is
possible via the ports).

Any help or general guideance would be very much appreciate. Thanks in
advance.

- John

HERE IS THE REPORT FROM MY HORDE TEST.PHP FILE:

Horde Version

    * Horde: 3.0.4

Horde Applications

    * Horde: 3.0.4
    * Imp: H3 (4.0.3) (run Imp tests)

PHP Version

    * View phpinfo() screen
    * View loaded extensions
    * PHP Version: 4.3.11
    * PHP Major Version: 4.3
    * PHP Minor Version: 11
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

    * Ctype Support: No
    * DOM XML Support: Yes
    * FTP Support: Yes
    * GD Support: Yes
    * Gettext Support: Yes
    * Iconv Support: Yes
    * IMAP Support: Yes
    * LDAP Support: No
    * Mbstring Support: Yes
    * MCAL Support: No
    * Mcrypt Support: Yes
    * MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): No
      The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see below)
will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in Horde
PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install
PECL/PHP extensions.
    * MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): No
      The fileinfo PECL module (see above) or the mime_magic PHP extension
will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in Horde
PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install
PECL/PHP extensions.
    * MySQL Support: Yes
    * OpenSSL Support: Yes
    * PostgreSQL Support: No
    * Session Support: Yes
    * XML Support: Yes
    * Zlib Support: Yes

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

    * magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
    * memory_limit disabled: No
      If PHP's internal memory limit is turned on and if not set high enough
Horde will not be able to handle large data items (e.g. large mail
attachments in IMP). If possible, you should disable the PHP memory limit by
recompiling PHP without the "--enable-memory-limit" flag. If this is not
possible, then you should set the value of memory_limit in php.ini to a
sufficiently high value (Current value of memory_limit: 24000000).
    * file_uploads enabled: Yes
    * safe_mode disabled: Yes
    * session.use_trans_sid disabled: Yes
    * session.auto_start disabled: Yes

Required Horde Configuration Files

    * config/conf.php: Yes
    * config/mime_drivers.php: Yes
    * config/nls.php: Yes
    * config/prefs.php: Yes
    * config/registry.php: Yes

PHP Sessions

    * Session counter: 4
    * To unregister the session: click here

PEAR

    * PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
/usr/home/daum/www/htdocs/work/horde/lib:/usr/local/lib/php
    * PEAR: Yes
    * Recent PEAR: Yes
    * Mail_RFC822: No
      Make sure you are using a recent version of PEAR which includes the
Mail_RFC822 class.
    * Mail_Mime: Yes
    * Log: Yes
    * DB: Yes