Can't play CD / mount CDROM

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Tue May 3 14:31:45 PDT 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 08:42 pm, Michael Neeff wrote:
> when I try to mount the CD using the below it says: cd9660 /dev/acd0
> Input / Output error
>
> Thanks!
>
> >From: Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org>
> >To: "Michael Neeff" <cool_mike_21 at hotmail.com>
> >CC: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> >Subject: Re: Can't play  CD / mount CDROM
> >Date: 02 May 2005 16:07:45 -0400
> >
> > > I've tried : mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom and several other
> > > combinations :
> > > mount cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom; mount cd9660; mount_cd9660
> > > /dev/acd0 /cdrom; mount /cdrom  - still the same thing...
> >
> >What "same thing"?  What does it say when you type that?
> >Does anything get printed in the log?

My /etc/fstab on 4-stable has
/dev/acd0c              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto    0   0

On 5-stable it is
/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto    0    0

Since I have a directory called /cdrom, all I have to do is say
"mount /cdrom". When I play a CDROM is have kscd setup to play
the /dev/adc0.., which depends on the version of the OS.

Kent

> >--
> >Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area
> >		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA