OPEN SOURCE MASTERPLANS

Fafa Hafiz Krantz fteg at london.com
Tue May 3 10:48:07 PDT 2005

Hello Joel!

> Pardon the top post, but master plans are for totalitarian governments
> and bureaucracies. Their sole purpose is to assist in perpetuating
> established institutions. (No institution is going to plan it's own
> demise. Oh, and how well they serve their purpose is a subject of some
> debate.)

I meant the sort of masterplans that are for people to follow.
And maybe, in some cases, democratic governments in countries where
there is no such thing as established institutions. 3rd world governments
have by now realized that it is wiser to privatize rather than to
perpetuate -- which again brings up plans for people to follow.

> Maybe what you should be asking for is examples of business plans,
> although those are all too often used by the powers that be to keep
> small businesses from growing and threatening the status quo. Informal
> operating policies and such might also be of interest.

Right now any example will do.
Thank you for your worthy input!

--

Fafa Hafiz Krantz