createing users homedir on first login

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at augusta.de
Tue May 3 09:01:22 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have set up some FreeBSD 5 Workstations and configured nss to get the
accounts from ldap. Pam is also set up to work with ldap. Everything so
far is runningnperfectly smooth. The problem is the workstations don`t have
a shared filesystem. Each user should have an seperate homedir on every
workstation.

I tried to use pam_exec to create the homedir on the first login. But it
seams there is now way of knowing who is logging. I've even tried
to use pw usershow -a to get all users and create all homedirs but
pw usershow -a don't report any users when started from a shellscript
called by the pam_exec module.

Anyone successfully implemented a system to create homedirs on the fly.

bye
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | E-Mail: estartu at augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/
Germany            |                                    |    on request