Ignorance and file suffixes

vizion at ixpres.com vizion at ixpres.com
Mon May 2 20:13:13 PDT 2005

>> On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:53:57AM -0700, vizion at ixpres.com wrote:
>>>

>> [...]
>>> Here are my entries in the supfile:
>>> *default host=cvsup7.freebsd.org
>>> *default base=/var/db
>>> *default prefix=/usr
>>> *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix
>>> src-all
>>> ports-all
>>> doc-all
>>> www
>>> cvsroot-all
>>>

>> This setup will get you not only an up-to-date ports tree, but also
>> the -CURRENT system sources which I suspect you don't want. What you
>> should do is to take the supfiles in /usr/share/examples/cvsup and
>> tweak it (all you need to do is to change the `host' specification).
>
> Thanks done that.
> I hope that will solve my inconsistencies with X when I have finished
> cvsuping  (sounds like eating while making a job application) <GRINZ>
>
> BTW I got a fail on the .sh file for installing X asking for extract.exe
> -- I did not find the sources for that -- I am wondering if it goes by
> some other name.
>
> David

PS If someone can answer the above question it would be appreciated. At
the same time I followed the advice to modify the supfile in line with the
example "stable-supfile"  On running cvsup I received an error message
< Realease not specified for collection "ports-all">

There is the following line in my supfile, taken from the example, which is:

"ports-all tag=."

Now I do want to cvsup all the ports. I am running freebsd 5.3.
The other line (which may be relevant is:

"*Default release=cvs tag-RELENG_5"

Can anyone tell me if these lines are correct?

Thanks

David