split stdin-out drawing terminal/console?

Murray Taylor murraytaylor at bytecraftsystems.com
Mon May 2 18:41:09 PDT 2005

On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:27, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I wonder if there exists a cons25 or pcvt replacement which splits the
screen
> into at least the input area and the output area. I mean, the 4 (or so)
> bottom lines are stdin and the upper 20 lines stdout, maybe even seperated
> into a 5 lines head which is stderror.
> I haven't ever seen (touched) such an old "terminal" which was a printer and
> keyboard but I could imagine that it's not too bad to have the channels
> seperated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Harry

Sounds like something that could be written using the curses libraries
but I dont know of anything existing

--
Murray Taylor
Special Projects Engineer
Email: murraytaylor at bytecraftsystems.com
or visit us on the web
http://www.bytecraftsystems.com
http://www.bytecraftentertainment.com

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.