Where can i d/l VMware-workstation-3.2.1-2242.tar.gz

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Mon May 2 08:01:07 PDT 2005

2005/4/28, Warren <shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com>:
> im trying to install the vmware pkg via the port but all URL's listed fail to
> have the pkg:
>
> Where can i grab a copy of this pkg ?

<snip>
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/VMware-workstation-3.2.1-2242.tar.gz:
> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
> => Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
> => port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
> *** Error code 1

Have you tried googling?  I was quite successful in finding the file,
for instance here: http://mirrors.zyrianes.net/gentoo/distfiles/ .
Generally, I find that a quick google with the file just as it appears
there in the distinfo is a quick and easy way to get the file you
need.  Plus, since the files are MD5'd, you won't have to worry about
accidentally getting the wrong one.  Isn't FreeBSD great?

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.