/etc/issue "problem"

Simon Striker simon at schtriker.net
Mon May 2 05:47:12 PDT 2005

Hi!

I have a FreeBSD 5.3 installed and I want to show a pre-login text when
user wants to login to the server through a console or telnet.

I made an /etc/issue file and copied some text inside, but when I telnet
  to the server, the text does not appear! (/etc/issue has 644 rights).

My /etc/gettytab includes:

default:\
         :cb:ce:ck:lc:fd#1000:im=\r\n\Welcome!\r\n\r\n:sp#1200:
         :if=/etc/issue:

Does enybody know where is the problem and how can I fix it?

I will be very grateful if someone will help me or give me a piece of
advice!

Best regards,

Simon
--