FreeBSD + Heartbeat+ Samba+Rsync

Robert Slade bsd at bathnetworks.com
Mon May 2 01:54:19 PDT 2005

Hi,

Futher to my previous mail, I have got HB & Samba running ok now on
FreeBSD 5.3.

I am still trying to sort out the Perl Scripts for running rsync.

The bit I am having trouble with is:

           # /etc/password - System Password File
               # /etc/shadow   - Actual Encrypted passwords.
               # /etc/group    - System Group File
               # /etc/ld.so.conf - System Linked Libraries.
               # /etc/shells     - Valid Login Shells
                   my @filelist = ( "/etc/passwd", "/etc/shadow",
   "/etc/group", "/etc/ld.so.conf", "/etc/shells" );
                   foreach $filename (@filelist) {
                       system "/usr/bin/rsync --rsh=$EnvConfig::sshpath
   $EnvConfig::rsyncoptions $filename local$other:$filename";

Sorry about the wrapping.

As far as I tell, FreeBSD has no System linked Libraries hence no
ld.so.conf. I am not sure what this bit of code is trying to do and what
to replace it with. I don't want to install the Linux Compatibility libs
just to run a Perl script.

Any ideas?

Rob