Ignorance and file suffixes

vizion at ixpres.com vizion at ixpres.com
Sun May 1 23:04:05 PDT 2005

Hi

I have tried unsuccessfuly to find out from the manual what the suffixes
mean on the files collected by cvsup (e.g. "v") is there a reference for
such info?
As a newcomer to cvsup when reading the cvsup pages I did not see any
recomendations for good practice for management or use of the files once
they have been downloaded. I am pretty familar with downloading tar files
and the processes of extracting and compiling. With so many packages/ports
coming at the same time (I am half way through my first cvsup right now) I
am wondering what I need to do when the downloads are complete!

David

David Southwell              Ham call sign M0TAU

                                                            40 yrs ocean
and computing
experience.
English Owner & Captain of British Registered 60' bluewater Ketch S/V
Taurus. Currently in San Diego, CA. sailing May bound for Europe via
Panama Canal.