AC'97 Support?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 06:57:15 PDT 2005

Mihail Stoyanov wrote:

> I recently installed the FreeBSD 5.3-BETA4-STABLE
> version of the FreeBSD operating system. I have a
> MSI mainboard with AC'97 built-in sound card.

I'm not an expert here, but I have solved this
problem for other soundscards, by loading the
additional sound modules one-by-one and see
which one connects to the soundcard, by inspecting
'cat /dev/sndstat'.

Check /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES or /boot/kernel/ for
all snd_* modules.

This is a bit of a brute force method, but may be of
help to you, until someone else more knowledgeable
replies to your question.

Good luck,
Rob.