cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Wed Mar 30 05:58:54 PST 2005

I asked about it before and will ask about it again.
I posted my errors but nobody reacted.
-(it's hard to see people like anthony /do/ get attention)-

It's a freebsd-4.11 system. Ports are up2date. Compiling gnomevfs2
and/or kdelibs3 I get this error "gcc cannot.." or "c++ cannot.."

Nowhere on the web seems to be an answer..

So let me ask you here on this list: somebody has compiled kdelibs3
(version 3.4) on a 4.11R system?

This week I wiped out my /usr/ports and installed it again.
Today I installed an extra harddisk and put a fresh freebsd-4.11 on it;
cvsupped the ports to the latest version and tried to compile kde3.
Again: the same error.

What could possibly be the reason for this?

ps: unlike anthony I'm willing to experiment. I would like to solve this
puzzle. Or at least /know/ it's just an error in the kde release.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11 ++ FreeBSD 5.3