P2P blocker: PeerGuardian 2 equivalent to FreeBSD?

awad awad at hushmail.com
Wed Mar 30 03:56:01 PST 2005

Hello.

My sister wants to use Torrent for her school documentary
needs. She installed PeerGuardian 2 on our workstation, but
I told her that didn't work because our main entry point
to the Internet is through our gateway server with FreeBSD.

PeerGuardian 2 is currently blocking 801227506 IPs that
may try to sue you or get you arrested if you're using P2P
stuff. I was wondering if there was something similar for
FreeBSD, or if I have to block the list of IPs manually,
and if so, how?

My firewall is PF for OpenBSD.

Thanks all,
-- Awad