Anthony's drive issues.Re: ssh password delay

Duo duo at digitalarcadia.net
Tue Mar 29 13:21:01 PST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> Are you really this obtuse or do you just play you are on the Internet?

You are dealing with someone who feels he is "more" right than anyone else
in the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD.

He drops his so called "credentials" (ive been in the biz for (fill in the
years) I worked on mainframes, blah blah blah...

Bottom line is, this guy is a massive tool. To be honest, I am beginning
to think he is someones sock puppet. (I think we might all have a fair
idea of who I am talking about).

Anyway, I think we should all do ourselves a favor, and kill this thread.
I know it will be hard, Anthony will try really hard to say something even
stupider, in a vain attempt to make us want to reply...but, there are a
plethora of other things we could ask on this list, which are more
appropriate.

I get alot from this list, in terms of interesting problems, and fixes,
and general advice. Anthony drives down the signal to noise ratio. Let's
just all collectively ignore the sock puppet, and the arm its connected
to. I really would like to stick to filtering people, and not whole
threads. Indeed, I shouldnt have to. Nobody should have to.

Let's end it, for the children!

So, in closing, Andrew, if you want to know what to do, search the list
for your threads, you have been given elevendy billion options on how to
solve the issue, and how to move forward. Nobody gives one slap or tickle
whether you feel you should, or shouldnt have to remove hardware to
troubleshoot.

If you dont want to do that, it just shows the rest of the world, what a
halfassed troubleshooter you are. It says Zero about us.  your
credentials, what you have done, etc do not amount to a hill of beans,
when you wont follow basic isolation logic. If you cannot, or will not
follow time tested, standard troubleshooting techniques, used the world
over to try and eliminate the issue, and you wont email the devs directly
with output, logs, etc, and you dont want to dive into the code, than I
would retort that it is NOT freeBSD that is defective. It is YOU who are
defective. Another half assed luser, who seems to think the list works for
you. Well, you do not sign the paychecks of anyone here, I wager. You
certainly dont sign mine.

By and large, if you feel its flawed, because you don't want to actually
use proper methodology, and you want people to telepathically diagnose
your issue, you are in for quite a rude awakening.  Please, by all means,
piss right off, because, as I see it, you have done nothing but pissed off
some of the most patient people I have seen on a list.

Sorry Bart, didnt mean to steal thunder. =)

--

Duo

Although the Buddhists will tell you that desire is the root of
suffering, my personal experience leads me to point the finger at system
administration.
 	--Philip Greenspun