Anthony's drive issues.Re: ssh password delay

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 29 10:50:34 PST 2005

Chris writes:

> No - NOT the PC - the hardware that's in question. The Adaptec WITH the
> modified code. I'm willing to bet, it's not.

Should I check for restrictions on chipset temperature, relative
humidity, and atmospheric pressure as well?

> Again - I doubt that that perticulare Adaptec WITH the modifide code is
> listed. Now I'll bet an untouched Adaptec is.

Nothing on the list says either way.

> The PC is NOT the issue. The modified Adaptec IS.

FreeBSD is the target, not the controller.

> No - not worthless - NOT SUPPORTED. Just like the HCL that MS puts out.

There are lots of configurations unsupported by Microsoft that will
still run Windows without problems.

> Another thing to understand, most of the HP added code is related to
> SNMP. That's what HP/Compaq does. Now, you also need to realize that the
> drivers under NT talk to HAL (Hardware Abstration Layer) which happenes
> to be far more forgiving of altered code then something under Unix where
> the driver talks directly to the hardware.

Are you saying that Windows NT has a superior design?

--
Anthony