hyper threading.

em1897 at aol.com em1897 at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 07:55:19 PST 2005

Things have changed a bit since then, so I doubt that
"proof" has any relevance. All polling does , in the context
of device polling, is make networking low-priority. You are
adding latency to save CPU cycles. You could argue that
higher latency is lower performance. Interrupt hold offs
are a much better way to reduce interrupts without
poisoning your system with extra overhead.