shell stdin redirection: possible for ssh-password input?

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Fri Mar 25 09:18:57 PST 2005

Rob wrote:

>I take for granted that my password will be there
>in clear text! Are there other options?

Rob,

Check out expect.  There's even a Perl module for it.  Expect is the bad
old way we used to handle such problems.  It is this funky sub-language
designed for completing interactive sessions in an automated way.

Also, please post from a legitimate e-mail address, in case someone were
sufficiently good-natured to hit "Reply" instead of "Reply All."

Good luck.

-danny