Pico & Bash2 ports wont install, others also affected

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Thu Mar 24 20:34:29 PST 2005

I did the following steps today:

Download 5.3-RELEASE iso from ftp.freebsd.org
Installed from the ISO, standard install, kernel source, binaries, no games.
rebooted, typed in my one page of stuff to make sshd key gen secure
logged in as root
did pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui
did cvsup /etc/ports-supfile (which I created, used cvsup2.freebsd.org)
did cd /usr/ports/editors/pico && make install ---- failed
did cd /usr/ports/shells/bash2 && make install ---- failed
did cd /usr/ports/security/sudo && make install --- succeeded

I described this because I wanted to let everyone know that this system is
as base as it could be.  I don't have anything installed on it yet.

Here are some outputs:

http://paste.atopia.net/108  --> make.conf
http://paste.atopia.net/109  --> pico install
http://paste.atopia.net/110  --> bash install