Problems with ipfw2 ?

Stefan Cars stefan at snowfall.se
Thu Mar 24 08:36:49 PST 2005

Hi!

I have a very strange problem with our firewall using ipfw2.  Below is
my configuration file. The firewall is a briding firewall (em2,em3).
After a few seconds (7-12 seconds) of ICMP pings to a machine behind the
firewall suddenly starts blocking all traffic to that specific host.
This is also true for networks that I have permitted at the top of the
config. It rejects everything regardless of any rules I have made.

Any ideas anyone ?

# Trusted networks
add permit ip from XXXX/28 to any
add permit ip from XXXX/26 to any

add permit ip from XXXX/25 to any

add permit ip from any to any established

# DNS
add permit ip from any to any 53

# ICMP
add permit icmp from any to any