Adaptec AAC raid support

Adam suck at my-balls.com
Sun Mar 20 07:01:41 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:41:33 -0500, Charles Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2005, at 2:24 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> [ ... ]
>> In that case Dell is a customer of Adaptec, not the other way around,
>> so any NDA that Dell might require for Adaptec to sign would not
>> have restricted Adaptec's use of it's own programming documentation.
>
> And you know this, because...?
>
> You've read that NDA and you know just what it says and what it covers?
>   Prove it!
>
>>> You've failed to address the point.  Do you claim that Adaptec is in a
>>> position to ignore an NDA they have with a company like Intel or Dell?
>>
>> The point is they obviously don't have an NDA with Intel since the
>> programming docs for the i860 are open already.  (at least the don't
>> have an NDA that covers this aspect of their relationship, which is all
>> we care about)
>
> Have you read the NDA between Adaptec and Intel?
> If not, how do you know just what it does or does not cover?
>
> Once again, you're making claims of fact about a document that you've
> probably never seen.
> I think you are making wild assertions and have not even a shred of
> evidence to justify them.

Speaking of wild assertions with no evidence, why exactly do you keep
making up rediculous excuses for a company that hates you?  Why do you
think that adaptec is special and had to sign NDAs with intel and dell(?!)
to make the same products with the same chips that other vendors clearly
didn't have to sign NDAs to make?  If you understood the subject at hand,
you would realize how rediculous your fairy tales are.  There is
absolutely no reason that adaptec cannot release documentation for their
hardware.  Nobody even needs to know how the intel chip works, just how
to speak to the adaptec firmware.  Adaptec doesn't want you to buy their
hardware, and your reaction is to try to justify that stupidity for them,
since they can't do it?  If you like being shit on that's up to you, but
don't tell us that we should like it too, or try to justify why adaptec
thinks its customers are toilets.

Adam