aac support

Tobias Weingartner weingart at tepid.org
Sat Mar 19 19:54:25 PST 2005

On Saturday, March 19, Sean Hafeez wrote:

> There has got to be a better way to work with the vendors in order to
> get the support we need. It just seem to me that the "screw you guys, I
> am going home" stuff just does not work.

Other approaches have been tried.  Extensively, and for a long time.
If you know of an approach that works, please demonstrate.  At this
point, I believe that the community would welcome someone that is going
to step up, and have adaptec supply the documentation because they
negotiated it out of them.  Words here are cheap... but at the current
time, they are the only thing we really have left.  The voice of the
community.

> The vendors need a business
> case in order to do things - they are in business to make money and I
> can agree with that.

They have a business case.  More than one.  1800+ cards is not a business
case?  The points I brought up are not a business case?  The bad press
and such are not a business case?  Give me a break.

--Toby.