Adaptec AAC raid support

Jason Crawford jasonrcrawford at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:20:47 PST 2005

I fail to see how this "FUD check" email has anything to do with the
fact that Scott locked all freebsd users to Adaptec's binary-only
management utility, which means the user IS NOT FREE to change
something on it to either work better, fix a bug, add a feature, or
just experiment, as well as just develop/use a different management
utility. This is not FUD, but fact. An unacceptable fact. Talking
about how other raid controllers work with FreeBSD too has nothing to
do with what I said, except that they too are binary-only
no-free-documenation vendors at this point as well.