Postfix Chroot.

BSD Mail bsdmail at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 23:53:59 PST 2005

Greetings,

I recently installed Postfix under FreeBSD 5_3 It's running fine
without any problem.
I followed the steps in the documentation on how to chroot postfix
under FreeBSD.
My sockstat(1) shows this though:

root     master     666   11 tcp4   127.0.0.1:25          *:*
root     master     666   12 tcp4   10.0.1.4:25           *:*

Everything running under a different group except "master" it is still
running as root.
How can I fix that ?

Also I need a way to verify that Postfix is actually running chrooted.
I know I edited the master file and chroot "y" everything except:
proxymap, local and virtual according to the docs they can't be
chrooted.

Any tips will be helpful. Otherwise I will be forced to configure a
jail and run Postfix under it.

--
Regards,