[Realplay10GOLD] Error: ELF binary type "0" not known

Jason Henson jason at ec.rr.com
Sat Mar 12 19:33:22 PST 2005

On 03/11/05 03:47:27, P.H.Tung wrote:
> I successfully installed Realplayer10GOLD on FreeBSD released 5.3
> When I run realplay from console, I got following error:
> ELF binary type "0" not known.
> /usr/local/lib/RealPlayer/realplay.bin: 1: Syntax error: "("
> unexpected
>
> What does it means? any advises?
>
> Thanks!

Sounds like a compiler error?  Check man brandelf.
$ brandelf -l
known ELF types are: FreeBSD(9) Linux(3) Solaris(6) SVR4(0)

You could try to rebrand it to type 9.

as root:

brandelf -f 9 /usr/local/lib/RealPlayer/realplay.bin

But the syntax error, how would that get there?  Try to make reinstall
after a make distclean if branding fails.