changed cases, now freebsd won't boot!

Brian John brianjohn at fusemail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:12:36 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----

> Brian John wrote:
>
> > ad1:  WARNING - READDMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying)
> >
> >...and I can't boot into FreeBSD.  It just puts me in single user mode.
> >
> >It almost appears as if my hard drives somehow were damaged when I
> >switched cases.  However, Windows works just fine.  I tried running fsck
> >and I still get the errors.  Does anyone have any clue what I can do about
> >this?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >/Brian
> >

> And the only, I repeat *only* thing different is the **case**?
> You have the same motherboard, same power supply ....

Yes, all of my components are EXACTLY the same, I just bought a new case.
I guess it is possible that one of my IDE cables all of a sudden went bad,
but again Windows boots fine.  I have been running Windows for days now
with no problems.  Anything else I can do to try to diagnose this?

Thanks for the help

/Brian