How to identify xterm font

Sergei Gnezdov use-reply-to at nofrom.not
Wed Mar 9 23:31:51 PST 2005

I like the size of the xterm window.  It is small and it uses very
easy to read font.  Unfortunately, it does not play very well with
emacs.  For these reasons I use Gnome terminal.  Gnome font is bigger,
thus it takes more space on the screen.  How do I identify which font
is used by xterm, so I can apply it for gnome terminal?

I also would like to know why my ~/.Xdefaults configuration is not
applied in Gnome.  It worked just fine in KDE and most other
environments.