128bit WEP

Jason Henson jason at ec.rr.com
Tue Mar 8 19:23:01 PST 2005

On 03/08/05 21:20:09, Eric Schuele wrote:
> Kevin Downey wrote:
>> ifconfig line is:
>> ifconfig ath0 inet 192.168.2.111 mode 11g channel 6 ssid kubo
>> wepmode
>> on wepkey 0x28529850294957320938294585
>>
>> what I am getting in dmesg is:
>> auth0: association failed (reason 25) for 00:0D:3A:74:00:61
>>
>> 00:0D:3A:74:00:61 is the BSSID of the AP
>>
>> wicontrol -i ath0 -L  lists the AP
>>

> Your *key* is 104-bits (26 hex digits)... there is a 24 bit
> Initialization Vector added to the key.
>
> Double check your SSID on the AP and make sure it matches the
> 'ifconfig...' you have.  Also might try explicitly specifying *which*
> weptxkey (1-4) you are using in ifconfig.
>
> Also,  for what its worth my atheros cards do not work well in g with
> my AP (WRT54G)... I had to set it to b.  So you might try that till
> you get it on its feet.  Just my 2 cents.
>
> HTH
>--
> Regards,
> Eric

I set up a WRT54G and could never get it to use a high level of
security.  You may have to tone it down a bit from 128bit.

Try this link if you like source code

http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/search?v=RELENG53&string=BSSID

What is it saying about the BSSID 00:0D:3A:74:00:61?

Are you trying to set the SSID=BSSID or soething like that?

http://www.mpirical.com/companion/mpirical_companion.html

The BSSID is a 48bit identity used to identify a particular BSS (Basic
Service Set) within an area. In Infrastructure BSS networks, the BSSID
is the MAC (Medium Access Control) address of the AP (Access Point) and
in Independent BSS or ad hoc networks, the BSSID is generated randomly.

The Service Set Identifier or Network Name is used within IEEE 802.11
networks to identify a particular network. It is usually set by the
administrator setting up the WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network) and
will be unique within a BSS (Basic Service Set) or ESS (Extended
Service Set). The SSID may be broadcast from an AP (Access Point)
within the wireless network to enable Stations to determine which
network to “Associate” with. However, this feature should be disabled
as it may assist “hackers, or wardrivers” in gaining access to a
private network.