firefox and flash on freebsd

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Tue Mar 8 11:48:07 PST 2005

Antoine Solomon wrote:
> hello all, I have a problem with the flash plugin for firefox and
> mozilla.  everytime I goto a website that has flash on it, firefox
> simply crashs.  Anyone else have this problem?  Anyone have a
> solution?

Antoine,

This has been discussed a handful of times (by myself for one)... so if
the link below does not help, try the archives.  I was not having
trouble... just looking for instructions.  Many were nice enough to
offer assistance.  Here is a link to the set of instructions that
ultimately set me on the right road.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1302736+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-stable/20050306.freebsd-stable

So.. the solution for you may be to install things differently then you
previously did.  Its my understanding that it seems to work well for
many people.  Some seem to have eternal troubles.

I am presently experimenting with it on a test machine, and have had
good results.  I don't need flash... but my wife and kids do
(playhousedisney.com, leapfrog.com, etc).  It seems to work well on
those, and most others I have found.

--
Regards,
Eric