Help! I am in beeg trouble.

dR dystopianrebel at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 05:46:45 PST 2005

Thanks for your offer of help, Jahan. I solved my
problem. The directory /usr/bin/ was gone. I think
what happened was that I used the portupgrade command
and portupgrade behaved "unpredictably" -- my ports
environment is in a non-standard location.

I backed up /etc/* and reinstalled all the system
binaries using the installation disc.

Ugly mess. But I'm running again. Thanks to Brent for
his help!