where is autoconf

abu khaled khaled.abu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:33:03 PST 2005

---for example if you want to install autoconf version 2.59

cd /usr/ports/devel/autoconf259
make clean
make install

---the port well then be downladed and compiled/installed

---to uninstall
cd /usr/ports/devel/autoconf259
make deinstall

---you can also install a pre-compiled version using pkg_add

pkg_add -r autoconf259

---to uninstall
pkg_delete autoconf259

personally i like to use the ports since they compile on my custom built kernel

Good Luck :)