pf issues with anchor

Tue Mar 1 15:45:21 GMT 2005

After sending off the question I did a little more digging and I think
I figured it out.
I was reading the current pf faq on the openbsd website, which turns
out to be based on OpenBSd 3.6 version of pf.  FreeBSD 5.3 has OpenBSD
3.5 version of pf.

Turns out in the version 3.5 when loading an anchor file you HAD to
specify it as...
load anchor anchor-name:ruleset-name from "file-path"

The version the current faq was written for seems to have made the
ruleset-name an optional value, so it wasn't listed in the code
example.  I found an older version for the faq written for verion 3.5
at.

http://openbsd.automagic.org/faq/pf/index.html