Xorg screen alignment

Ian Barnes ianb at opteqint.net
Thu Jun 30 20:38:39 GMT 2005

Hi,

Im running x.org with kde 3.x ontop of that. Now  when I start X my screen
is off to the right a bit. What I do to get it right is run xvidtune and
move it left 4 times. Then its perfect.

The settings that I get from xvidtune are:

HDisplay: 1024

HSyncStart: 1056

HSyncEnd: 1152

HTotal: 1312

VDisplay: 768

VSyncStart: 769

VsyncEnd: 772

VTotal: 800

Pixel Clock (MHz): 78.80

Horizontal Sync (kHz): 60.06

Vertical Sync (Hz): 75.08

Now in my x.org config. These are my two settings:

HorizSync   31.5-60.2

VertRefresh 56.3-75.0

I have tried adjusting those numbers to reflect what I get from xvidtune but
to no avail. Any idea on how I could get it to align perfectly from start?

Then another question:

How can I get my mouse scroll wheel working in X? I am using a USB Logitech
Mouse.

Thanks,

Ian