Software RAID-1 on FreeBSD 5.4

Ean Kingston ean at hedron.org
Thu Jun 30 02:41:06 GMT 2005

On June 29, 2005 05:59 pm, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 09:56:16PM +0200, ptitoliv wrote:
> > But I have a last question. My disks are differents. One is a Maxtor
> > detected with a 111 GB capacity and the other is a Seagate detected
> > with a 114 GB capacity. Will I have problems trying to use RAID with
> > this configuration ?
>
> Not with gmirror.  Dunno about ccd.

Last time I tried ccd it would work fine on dissimilar drives so long as the
partitions (not slices) that are used for the mirroring were exactly the same
size.

--
Ean Kingston

E-Mail: ean AT hedron DOT org
I am currently looking for work. If you need competent system/network
administration please feel free to contact me directly.