Moving Files to new hardware

SJK norwoh at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 00:15:28 GMT 2005

Hi Guys:

This is my first question after subscribing .. that makes me the newest fool on the block ..:)

I have a FreeBSD 5.0 box online currently. I have just bought a new hardware to replace the existing one online. The new box I am building is sitting in my basement on a broadband connection. I am using router on this home network. My new box can go out on the internet using lynx. I have done no further configuration at this point which is why I am sending you this.

Is it possible to copy the files from the old server already online directly to this new server using broadband? What do I need to know and do to accomplish this? I appreciate any other insight in transitioning this change over/

Thanks,

Ketamia