postfix vs. qmail?

Antony Mawer lists at mawer.org
Wed Jun 29 13:48:22 GMT 2005

On 29/06/2005 11:13 PM, MikeM wrote:
> On 6/29/2005 at 8:48 AM brian.barto at spectrum-health.org wrote:
>
> |For one who wants to host email accounts for multiple domains, which
> is
> |better? I've started installing and configuring qmail according to the
> |tutorial on qmailrocks.org but i'm wondering if i should stop and
> consider
> |postfix before pressing on.
> that Postfix development is still alive.
>
> I host multiple virtual domains with Postfix (and Courier-IMAP for the
> pop3 amd imap support).

I'm another former qmail user who converted to Postfix. I got tired of
having to use unsupported patches for qmail to do anything because it
didn't fit in with djb's view of how the world should work. Postfix
requires a greater time investment in terms of the configuration files,
but happily integrates into FreeBSD and is actively developed.

(Another echo of support for Courier IMAP as well :-)

-Antony