Still trying to get my site up!

Gerard Seibert gerard-seibert at suscom.net
Tue Jun 28 10:48:41 GMT 2005

On Monday, June 27, 2005 11:45:52 PM "Ted Mittelstaedt"
<tedm at toybox.placo.com> wrote:

$>
$>> My new problem is how do I do an FTP into the site.
$>
$>Well, you first have to FTP into www2.beerstud.us as the FTP protocol
$>does not have any way to create a redirect the way that dydns is doing
$>for you with their web server.
$>
$>Second, if your ISP is so stupid as to block incoming port 80 yet allow
$>people to run web servers on any other port number, then it is quite likely
$>that they are stupid enough to block incoming port 21 (the FTP port) yet
$>allow incoming FTP on any other port.
$>
$>In which case you just run your ftp daemon and your command line ftp
$>client program with the -P option and choose some convenient port number.
$>
$>>I just tried using
$>>WS~Pro from a WixXP machine, but that failed.
$>
$>Don't know about that one however the WS_FTP that is the freeware one
$>has a Advanced tab on the site config that allows you to specify the
$>remote port.
$>
$>Ted