waiting 15 seconds for scsi devices to settle

Christopher Black cblack at securecrossing.com
Mon Jun 27 19:43:12 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 20:20 +0100, Scott Neville wrote:
> I am using the smart array controler 3200 for the drive cage that I am using.  When i set up the server using smart start, I selected the operting system "other".  Many thanks

Odd, I'm using the same controller with the same type of drives.  I
chose "SCO Unix" for my operating system.  If turning off ACPI doesn't
help, is it an option to start swapping parts to see if it's a bad drive
or raid card?  Perhaps also plug the drive caddy into the onboard scsi
controller (no raid, sadly) and see if the problem persists?

--
Christopher Black
Chief Security Engineer