portmanager, amavis update problem

Alistair Sutton alistair.sutton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:14:01 GMT 2005

On 27/06/05, Bart Silverstrim <bsilverstrim at athensasd.org> wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2005, at 11:02 AM, Alistair Sutton wrote:
>
> > Have you tried manualling installing the amavisd-new port? If there is
> > a problem with the dependencies then manually installing the port
> > should pull in SpamAssassin without any problems and portmanager
> > should no longer need to rebuild it thus allowing it to continue on
> > upgrading anything else.
>
> right now it looks like after manually deinstalling/reinstalling a
> couple of the perl modules Amavis depends on (well, spamassassin) it
> builds, but there's a problem with a MIME module or something depending
> thereof :-/
>
> I get mime_decode-1 FAILED errors in the amavis logs.

I'm guessing that may have something to do with one of the perl mime
modules but I've no idea which one (helpful aren't I? ;-)

> Is there a way to rebuild amavis and all the perl modules it uses
> easily?

Apologies for asking this but have you read /usr/ports/UPDATING
specifically wrt the recent perl upgrade? Could be worth running the
perl upgrade script mentioned there.

I know that portmanager should handle the upgrade without any issues
but I've not managed to have enough time to let my system work through
all the perl-dependent ports yet.

You could use 'portupgrade -fR amavis' to rebuild all the ports that
amavis depends upon as well as amavis itself. That should work things
out in the right order and rebuild everything so that all dependecies
are sorted.

Al
--
LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/everlone