portmanager, amavis install problem

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Mon Jun 27 15:12:54 GMT 2005

On Jun 27, 2005, at 11:01 AM, Michael C. Shultz wrote:

> On Monday 27 June 2005 07:32, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
>> There seems to be a dependency loop occuring on our server when trying
>> to do an upgrade; is there a way to force the update and rebuild
>> dependencies?  Below is a snippet of output (please let me know if
>> more
>> of the update info is needed...)
>>
>> -Bart
>

> Bart, not sure why SpamAssassin is loop ing in your case but here is
> what I
> would try:

<snip>

Would that rebuild the dependencies?

I should also point out that I'm not sure it was a portmanger problem,
it just appeared while portmanager was doing the upgrade.

I also should note that I think Perl updated; I couldn't do the first
manual make deinstall && make reinstall of a perl module needed to do
the update until I re-ran use.perl port.  I then had to manually make
deinstall && make reinstall several p5 modules needed by the
spamassassin system.

I'm wondering if "recompiling" the p5 modules spamassassin uses would
fix the problem, but don't know the command off the top of my head to
do so, and trying a portupgrade -Rr amavisd-new does nothing.