How to go about the installation

Andreas Rudisch cyb. at gmx.net
Mon Jun 27 08:05:08 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 10:33 +0530, Jayesh Jayan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am bit new to freebsd. I would like to install FreeBSD with below
> specifications. How do I go about it.
>
> My Hardware -- a dell server with below configuration.
>
>  CPU: Dual Xeon 3.0GHz/2MB Cache
> RAM: 2GB (with room to grow to 12GB)
> Drive: 3 x 73GB SCSI with RAID 5 config
> Power: Dual power supply
> Rack: 2U and the server can take 6 drives.
>

> So can please let me know on how to go about installing freebsd 5.3 on the
> above configuration with RAID 5 hardware.
>
> Thank you.

You do not want FreeBSD 5.3 , you want FreeBSD 5.4 . Make sure your
RAID-controller is supported and read ..

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/hardware.html
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/installation-i386.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

Andreas

--
GnuPG key  : 0xD25FCC81  |  http://cyb.websimplex.de/pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: D182 6F22 7EEC DD4C 0F6E  564C 691B 0372 D25F CC81