freebsd as the basis for something better?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Jun 27 06:23:58 GMT 2005

Ahhhh!!!!!

Why are you guys still beating the GUI interface?  That is so 70's
computing technology.  The real next generation OS will be
voice command.  Until then it's just more Window dressing.  It's
like the Emperor's new clothes - the little boy said "Computer
please get me a drink of water" and the crowd was amazed when
the $64,000 OS stacked to the ceiling with GUI just sat there
lifeless and dumb.

Ted