RAID Cards

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sun Jun 26 18:43:48 GMT 2005

On Jun 26, 2005, at 12:21 PM, <nethaniel at box201.com>
<nethaniel at box201.com> wrote:

> I can say my experience with adaptec 3200s cards has not been the most
> fruitful. It's been 2 weeks now and I cannot even get my system to
> load past
> the initial bootup options screen. Anything but option 6 fails. The
> sad
> thing is I have a driver but I need to load some kind of os on the
> system or
> I cannot load my driver.

The adaptec 3200s is supported out of the box in FreeBSD with the asr
driver (at least on i386).  You should not need a separate driver.

Is the adaptec at the latest firmware and is your system bios at the
latest version?  I had a problem with an adaptec 2200s (aac driver)
with my tuan opteron board that was fixed with a system BIOS upgrade.

Chad