upgrading all ports

P.U.Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Sun Jun 26 13:25:34 GMT 2005

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:

> I want to do a portupgrade on all installed ports.
>
> What's the right way?
> 	"portupgrade -arR ?"
> 	or
> 	"portupgrade -a" ?
>
> I hesitate and don't want to screw up my machine.
# portupgrade -a
works fine, if you do it regularily, i.e. there isn't too much to
be updated and thus not too much that could be messed up.

Before you start you should check /usr/ports/UPDATING if there
are any ports that need special treatmentâand make sure
# pkgdb -F
doesn't show any inconsistencies.

Good Luck,

Uli.