ifconfig does not show ath0 wireless network card

ali ali maadree at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 02:09:37 GMT 2005

I bought a new wireless network card listed under freebsd's supported
hardware which is 'DLINK Air Plus Xtreme G DWD-G520'.

The DWD-G520 is an atheros wireless network card. So I recompiled my
freebsd kernel with the following options:-

device ath
device ath_hal
device wlan

But I still dont see ath0 interface when I execute the 'ifconfig' command.

dmesg | grep ath shows the following:-
server# dmesg | grep ath
npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xdfff0000-0xdfffffff irq 11 at device 9.0 on pci0
ath0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ath0: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13
device_attach: ath0 attach returned 6

Why this wireless network card is not working? And how to make it
work? I googled but didnt find any usefull answer, I hope to get
usefull answers this time

Note that I am not yet a member of freebsd's mailing lists, so please
send answers to my email maadree at gmail.com.

Best regards.
Ali