firewall on FreeBSD

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Sat Jun 25 15:33:49 GMT 2005

On Saturday 25 June 2005 09:17 am, mess-mate wrote:
> Andrew L. Gould <algould at datawok.com> wrote:
> | >
> | > It's a port, pf on FBSD 5.4 is the same as pf on OBSD 3.6, AFAIK.
> | > So if your OBSD is the latest or updated after 3.6, then you
> | > might have functionalities not supported yet on FBSD.
> | >
> | > The basic stuff is all the same, I don't think anyone could
> | > survive without 'quick', just as 'pass' and 'block' are supported
> | > on both platforms :-)
> | >
> | > Cheers, Erik
> |
> | Minor correction:  pf is built into the kernel by default in
> | FreeBSD 5.4.  I think this started with FreeBSD 5.3.  It may still
> | be in the ports system; but that would be for use in FreeBSD 4* and
> | earlier versions of 5*.
> |
> | Have a great weekend!
> |
> | Andrew Gould
>
> The openbsd version is 3.5.
> Can i porting the pf config file to freebsd ?
> great weekend to.
>
> mess-mate

If you're talking about the pf rules file, I think it should work once
you've changed any OS-specific device/interface names.  You might
compare the file installed by default in FreeBSD to the one you're
currently using before you make the change.  Also, I wouldn't make the
change from a remote location.    ;-)

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould