FreeBSD 5.4 / linux-opera

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Fri Jun 24 06:44:05 GMT 2005

Please Cc: to freebsd-questions@ also, since there could be some
subscribers able to help you. Thank you. That being said:

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:23:41 -0400
Thomas Hill <improvizationstation at gmail.com> wrote:

> linux-XFree86-libs-4.3.99.902_3
> linux-opera-8.01.20050615_2

Looks ok to me. You should have then a file named
/usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6

> The other required packages are installed too.
>
> If I run "/usr/X11R6/bin/linux-opera" the followinig error message is
> output -- /usr/X11R6/share/linux-opera/bin/opera: error while loading
> shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory.

Did you enable Linux compatibility?
(i.e linux_load="YES" in /boot/loader/conf)

--
Adi Pircalabu (PGP Key ID 0x04329F5E)

For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/