removing freebsd bootloader

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Thu Jun 23 17:29:35 GMT 2005

Paulo Roberto wrote:

>Hello,
>
>How do I remove the FreeBSD bootloader from the MBR without touching
>the slices?
>
>I do have an active WinXP primary slice that I would like to boot from
>directly.
>
>thank you,
>
>Paulo

Start up with the WinXP install cd, go into console repair mode and run
fixmbr to intall the standard WinXP loader settings on the primary
drive. Doing so will prevent you from being able to boot from any other
drive however until / unless another boot manager is enabled on the
primary drive.

--

Micheal Patterson
Senior Communications Systems Engineer

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.