courier mailer

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Thu Jun 23 14:07:52 GMT 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:53:21 +0200
Milan Obuch <milan at netlabplus.sk> wrote:

> On Thursday 23 June 2005 14:26, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Can someone please tell me when it will be possible again to install
> > courier to replace sendmail?
> >
> > What will happen if I change the makefile in mail/courier and remove
> > the BROKEN statement. Will it compile and install then? What file
> > permissions exactly will be changed?
> >
> > And why does it take _so_ long to have courier back. Will it ever be
> > back?
>
> Yes, it took long already. I was upset too and prepared my
> personal/unofficial  0.50.0 port. It need some more polishing, but it
> works reasonably well for me  and (hopefully) for others too. Please
> try it. You can find it at  http://porst.dino.sk. I will try to find
> some more time to get this PR'ed and  hopefully commited, your
> feedback in this issue is really welcome. Regards,
> Milan

OK, not quite the answer to my question. I really would like an official
port, but hey, it's no production server, so I guess..

I take it you unpack in /usr/ports/mail and then do a "portinstall
mail/courier-0.50.0" ?
Install authlib first (I know ;-)
Are the other options like the old port? And what is "reasonably well"

And why is this very good mailer NOT supported on FreeBSD?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4