Problems since 5.3-RELEASE-p15

Ian Moore no-spam at swiftdsl.com.au
Thu Jun 23 07:17:20 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 08:34, Tuc at T-B-O-H wrote:

> > If you have upgraded to 5.3-RELEASE-p15 why not just upgrade to
> > 5.4-RELEASE-p*?
>
> 	I'm always nervous going up a release due to my NVIDIA card....
>
> 		Thanks, Tuc

I use the nvidia-driver port with xorg for my nvidia card and it doesn't cause
problems when upgrading the base system. The only "trouble" I ever have is
when X is upgraded. After upgrading X, I also have to re-build my nvidia
drver. That's not a drama though, you just do do a portupgrade -f
nvidia-driver and it's fine.
My current system started as 5.2.1-Release & is now on 5.4-p1. Even the change
from XFree86 to X.org didn't cause problems with the driver.

Cheers,
--
Ian
gpg key: http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~imoore/no-spam.asc